Here are my top five things that I’ve seen/stumbled across in the last week, in no particular order:
1. Courtly Cats. Although these amazing pictures look like oil paintings, they were actually created digitally by Eldar Zakirov. I love a cat in clothing (think Louis Wain), and these six fellows are fantastic.
2. Sunny winter days. It’s supposed to rain for the next week now, but we had some lovely sun this week. The photo above was taken on Monday around 1pm. The tower with the sun reflecting off it is the Eureka Tower, the tallest building in Melbourne and (as of May 2013) the 12th tallest residential building in the world. The Eureka Tower has a big gold bit at the top (hard to explain), which reflects the sunlight like nothing else, as seen above!
3. Charted cheese wheel. I actually came across this a couple of weeks ago, but I’d forgotten about it. It’s something I hadn’t thought much about, but to see the cheese in a wheel like this is really handy!
4. Early blossom. It’s only just August, but a lot of blossom trees are flowering. It’ll be another couple of weeks before the blossom is in full-swing, but it’s very pretty to see the trees beginning to show life again.
5. Trask Industries. This full website has been set up in preparation for next May’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. At the end of The Wolverine, we see a Trask Industries poster in the airport. I know a lot of exciting films are going to be out before the next X-Men, but certainly makes me excited.